San Antonio Prime Timers (SAPT) is dedicated to making life in the Alamo City just as exciting for middle-aged and older gay men as it is for younger men by organizing weekly, monthly, annual and special events and get-togethers throughout the year and throughout this wonderful city and surrounding area.
The benefits of your membership include:
- A general meeting of all members and prospective members on the 2nd Sunday afternoon of each month at a local restaurant meeting room where the Board members and activity directors report to members on current and upcoming chapter plans and activities; and members can ask questions of the Board and discuss topics of interest. A guest speaker is often present to discuss a topic of interest in their area of expertise. Members also socialize with one another informally following the business meeting.
- A monthly newsletter and calendar of events published in the first week of each month and distributed to all members by email. If you are unable to receive email, a printed newsletter and calendar will be sent to you by first class U.S. mail at the address you provide for the member roster.
- A Member-confidential contact roster and list of chapter-sponsored interest areas with names of members by interest area, to coordinate getting together to explore and share those interests.
Some of the activities we sponsor are:
- Lunches every Tuesday at various favorite local restaurants published in the monthly calendar
- Bowling every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon at Astro SuperBowl on Austin Hwy.
- Birthday night at a local coffee house or restaurant to celebrate members having their birthday that month. Birthday boys in the month get a free dessert and coffee courtesy of SAPT.
- Dine out gathering at favorite local restaurants
- “Game night” in the homes of member volunteers
- Mini-golf gathering at one of several local mini-golf courses
- Members & prospective members general business meeting and social gathering the 2nd Sunday afternoon of the month
- Potluck hosted in the homes of member volunteers
- “Newbie Night” social gathering to help new members get to know established members hosted in the home of volunteer members
- Quarterly brunch at The Egg and I
- Picnic in the park at O.P. Schanbel park on San Antonio’s Northwest side.
- Annual beach gathering with local restaurants and activities for several days and nights at the fantastic Sandcastle Condominiums on the beach at Port Aransas.
- Most unusual flea market find contest at the huge Bussey’s Flea Market in IH35 North just outside San Antonio
- 4th of July party (and usually combined potluck) in the home of members Jack Nimmo and his partner Tim Butler
- Christmas party held at Los Patios or another prime local restaurant
- Special Events
- Out of town Saturday lunches in surrounding hill country and other nearby restaurants
- Member interest group gatherings such as visit to Carlsbad Caverns; live local theater, local museums, air shows, car shows, baseball nights, Spurs Basketball nights, and more.